Certificate50% of quiz marks
Verifying a patient’s identity helps to maintain patient safety and confidentiality.
Failure to correctly identify the patient can have serious, potentially life-threatening consequences for the patient. This course will clarify the issues around patient’s identification and using unsecured methods of communication with patients.
- This course is a self-learning, fully online activity.
- The purpose of this course is to provide an update to the existing staff at the practice or can be used as part of the orientation process.
- You will receive a Certificate at the end of the course.
- The course is not accredited.
- This course is free of charge to anyone.
- You need to register at www.courses.generalpracticetraining.com.au when you enrol for the course. It is also free of charge. We will never ask you for your credit card details and any payments. Advertisements around this website help us cover some of the course costs and keep it free for you.
- When asked to register for this portal, please, enter your user name as you wish it to be on the Certificate of completion of the course.
- You can see some advertisements placed on this website. This helps us deliver free courses to you.
Please, find other free courses for receptionists in General Practice HERE
Where can you find your Certificate?
Section 1Main section
Lecture 1Patient identifiers
Lecture 2An unsecured email procedure
Lecture 3Mandatory data breach notification