Welcome to a micro-course titled “Staff Immunisation in General Practice.” Micro-courses focus on a specific area of skills development.
The benefits of choosing CPD micro-courses include.
- Quick completion time.
- Concentrated on practical, valuable information.
- Better retention of information due to the concise content.
- Ideal for personal CPD activities.
- A Certificate is awarded upon completion. This Certificate serves as evidence of continuous staff training and should be added to your staff folder. Please refer here to learn more about the reasons for opting for our training courses.
Who would benefit from taking this free online course?
The course is designed for GPs, Nurses and GP Reception staff. It serves the purpose of either updating existing staff members within the practice or becoming a part of the orientation process.
Upon successfully completing the course, you will receive a Certificate. Simply click on your profile name to access your Certificates. The course is not accredited.
The best part is that this course is absolutely free of charge for anyone interested. To enrol, visit www.courses.generalpracticetraining.com.au. Registration for the course is also free, and rest assured. We will never request your credit card details or any payments. The presence of advertisements on our website assists in offsetting some of the course expenses, ensuring it remains free for you.
During the registration process, provide your desired user name, which will be printed on your Certificate of completion. Remember, your actual date of birth or address is not required.
This course offers a refreshing perspective from traditional methods, encouraging improvement and growth. It’s a compact, practical resource, and you’ll receive a Certificate to validate your learning, all at no cost to you. Register at your convenience and enhance your expertise.
If you like this course, please buy me a cup of coffee. BUY ME A COFFEE
Where can you find your Certificate?
Part 1: Introduction
Welcome to the online course on Staff Immunisation in General Practice. In this course, you will learn about the importance of immunising healthcare professionals and practice staff.
Benefits of Completing this Course:
- Understand the importance of staff immunisation in preventing vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Comprehend the responsibilities of employers in implementing vaccination programs.
- Learn about recommended vaccinations for healthcare workers.
- Improve infection prevention and control in your practice.
Part 2: Course Material
Section 1: The Importance of Staff Immunisation
- Healthcare workers and immunization.
- Protecting staff and patients.
- Reducing the risk of infectious diseases.
Section 2: Employer Responsibilities
- Developing a vaccination policy.
- Keeping up-to-date staff vaccination records.
- Providing information on vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Managing vaccine refusal.
Section 3: New Staff Immunisation
- Vaccination requirements for new employees.
- The importance of correcting immunization deficiencies.
- Special considerations for staff born overseas or pregnant employees.
Section 4: Staff Records
- The significance of staff immunization records.
- What should be included in staff personnel files.
- The role of staff records in identifying nonimmune staff.
Section 5: Vaccinations for Health Professionals
- Recommended vaccinations for healthcare workers.
- The importance of hepatitis B vaccination.
- Seasonal influenza vaccination.
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccination.
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (dTpa) vaccination.
- Varicella vaccination.
- Other recommended vaccinations based on risk assessment.
Part 3: Self-Assessment Activity
More free resources for GPs and Practice staff at General Practice Training and Consulting.