- Objective: To improve the process of creating eHealth summaries.
- Goal: Increase patient participation in requesting eHealth summaries.
- Scope: All patients in the healthcare facility.
- Stakeholders: Healthcare providers, administrative staff and patients.
- Action Plan:
- Create awareness among healthcare providers and administrative staff about the importance of eHealth summaries.
- Develop a system to ask patients if they would like to receive eHealth summaries.
- Provide necessary training and resources to healthcare providers and administrative staff for generating eHealth summaries.
- Establish a tracking mechanism to record the number of patients who request eHealth summaries.
- Set a target to achieve a specific increase in the number of patients requesting eHealth summaries.
- Define a timeline for the implementation of the plan.
- Implement the action plan as outlined in the planning phase.
- Train healthcare providers and administrative staff on the process of creating eHealth summaries.
- Incorporate a standardized method to ask patients if they would like to receive eHealth summaries.
- Document the number of patients who request eHealth summaries during the implementation period.
- Analyze the data collected during the implementation phase: Efficient.
- Evaluate the number of patients who requested eHealth summaries: Twenty-two patients agreed to upload eHealth summaries in the last 28 days.
- Assess the effectiveness of the interventions and strategies implemented: Effective strategy. The majority of the patients were actively prompted to upload eHealth summaries.
- Gather feedback from healthcare providers, administrative staff, and patients regarding their experience with the process: Discussions with all healthcare providers – GPs and nurses.
- Based on the findings from the study phase:
- Determine whether the number of patients requesting eHealth summaries has increased significantly.
- Review any feedback received from stakeholders and identify areas for improvement.
- If the desired increase has been achieved and stakeholders are satisfied, continue with the current process.
- If the desired increase has not been achieved, revise the action plan based on the feedback and findings.
- Communicate the results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Implement any necessary changes or modifications to enhance the process of creating eHealth summaries.
- Plan to review the progress again in a month to monitor further improvements.