Have you ever wondered what information Facebook knows about you? Curious to learn how your data can be used to influence your choices? Look no further! The free, self-paced online course on “What Does Facebook Know About You?” offered by UTS Open provides a fascinating journey into the world of data analytics and privacy.
Led by interdisciplinary researchers, this course offers practical methods and tools to investigate the data that Facebook has collected about you, even if you don’t have an account with them. It provides a glimpse into the work conducted in the prestigious Master of Data Science and Innovation program at UTS.
The course is divided into several modules, each addressing a specific aspect of Facebook’s data practices:
- What does Facebook know? Explore the types of data that Facebook collects and gain insight into the extent of their knowledge about you.
- How well does Facebook know you? Delve deeper into how your data is used to understand your preferences, interests, and behaviour, ultimately shaping the content you see on the platform.
- Data leaks, breaches, access, and privacy Investigate the challenges related to data leaks, breaches, and access to personal information. Discuss the ethical implications and privacy concerns associated with these issues.
- Challenge Test the knowledge you have gained throughout the course through a stimulating challenge that encourages critical thinking and practical application.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the data that Facebook collects and stores about individuals.
- Describe how the collected data can shape and influence users’ preferences and choices.
- Engage in discussions about privacy and data ethics, recognizing the importance of safeguarding personal information.
Who Can Benefit from This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the data collection practices employed by Facebook. Whether you are a curious individual, a student exploring data science, or a professional interested in the ethical implications of data analytics, this course provides valuable insights into the world of big data and its impact on society.
The free online course “What Does Facebook Know About You?” offers a unique opportunity to unravel the secrets of Facebook’s data collection practices. Through the guidance of interdisciplinary researchers, participants gain practical knowledge and tools to navigate the complex world of data analytics and privacy. Enrol today to uncover the fascinating realm of data and better understand the information Facebook holds about you.
You can access this course here: https://open.uts.edu.au/uts-open/study-area/analytics–data-science/critical–creative-thinking/what-does-facebook-know-about-you/